HOW ARE FUNDS RAISED USED?
The national research program of the Australia and New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group (ANZBCTG) requires substantial ongoing funding.
Funds received from donations, sponsorships and awarded grants are used to support the following essential activities.
- Development, implementation, coordination and analysis of new and current clinical trials to:
- Identify new, effective and well-tolerated treatments for every person diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Identify strategies to improve the quality of life for people affected by breast cancer.
- Improve treatment delivery methods.
- Identify new strategies for prevention of breast cancer.
- Research and administrative staff salaries, and research equipment and reagents.
- Collecting and recording data in 86 participating institutions of the ANZBCTG throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Our national audit program – quality assurance activities for the conduct of each clinical trial in each participating institution throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Scientific meetings and workshops to foster interchange between laboratory and clinical scientists for planning of timely, new research initiatives.
- Computer software for data recording and analysis along with national databases.
- Education activities to increase awareness of and recruitment to breast cancer clinical trials.